The purpose of the first 20SDS Pitch Competition is to help give young minority entrepreneurs and creatives the chance to accelerate their businesses and ideas through financial backing and in kind support.
+ What is the Pitch Process?
- Purchase your #20SDS 2-day ticket here
- Apply online here before July 15
- Applicants narrowed down to 8 Semi-Finalists (notifications sent by July 20)
- 8 Semi-Finalists meet with judges onsite at the 2018 20SDS Pitch Competition
+ What is the Prize?
- 1st Place - $1000 in financial backing, in-kind support and resources
- 2nd Place - $500 in financial backing, in-kind support and resources
- 3rd Place - $250 in financial backing,
+ How can I pitch my idea?
- First you must purchase a 2-day GA ticket to the 4th Annual 20SDS
- Then you can fill out the pitch application here by answering basic questions and uploading a simple business plan. If you do not have a business plan, do not get overwhelmed. Just follow this guideline, do your best, and do not be afraid to reach out.
+ Do I have to have a registered business to participate?
- No, we are here to help you take that idea to the next step. Your business can be in the ideation phase for all we care. We just want to help you get this off the ground.
+ Who can apply to Win?
- Creatives Startups - Applicants in this category are artists, designers, creators and cultural entrepreneurs. This category is for those who create new cultural products, firms and markets that create new economic and cultural value
- Business Start-ups - Applicants in this category will be awarded to the company that best represents the next generation of millenial entrepreneurs.
- Can be in any either category as long as one of the founding team members is currently age 29 or younger and a minority.
- Competition is open to the general public
- One member of the founding team must be currently age 29 or younger.
- One member of the founding team must be a minority.
- Can be structured as a for-profit or non-profit, but needs to show a clear revenue model
- Priority will be given to companies that have been operating for three years or less.